ea.com/unable-to-connect is one of the most common errors you can encounter while accessing EA games online. This error may appear due to several reasons:
- There is an issue with the EA server status.
- Your internet connection is not working correctly.
- Your firewall or antivirus software may block you from accessing EA games online.
- The DNS of your computer is not configured correctly.
Whatever the reason behind the error, this guide will help you fix the issue and access EA games online without any further problems.
Check for EA server status
It’s crucial to first check for any service issues with EA servers before wasting time on the troubleshooting methods. If EA servers are down, your game won’t be able to connect.
In this scenario, you’re left with no choice except to wait for the server to work again. Here is how to check for EA server status:
- Viste EA help page.
- Click GAMES at the top of the page.
- Search for your game and open the game’s page.
- Click Server Status.
- If you see a green arrow next to the device you’re trying to play your game, you know that EA servers are currently up and running. If the symbol is red, you know there may be an issue and the service is down.
Initial diagnosis and solution
Here are some preliminary solutions before delving deeper into the troubleshooting methods.
Restart the game
Sometimes a minor hiccup in the game can cause an EA “ea.com/unable-to-connect” problem. Try closing the game and restarting it. This approach will often resolve any temporary glitches that may have caused a connection issue, and you should be able to play your game as usual.
Restart the router
Restarting the router can resolve any temporary connection issues on your end that may be preventing you from connecting to the EA servers.
Restart your PC / Console
Occasionally, restarting your PC or console is enough to clear up the issue, so go ahead and try it.
Check your account
To play online games, you need to have an active account. Ensure that your account has been set up, fully activated, and is not expired.
Also, you need to check if your account gets suspended or banned, which means you can no longer access EA’s services. If this is the case, you will need to contact EA’s customer support for further assistance.
Moreover, check if your account has children’s limitations. If so, EA will prevent you from playing online games or making in-game purchases.
Sign out of other devices
To stop fraud and cheating, EA forbids users from logging in on several devices at once. Thus, ensure that you are signed out of other devices and try signing into your game again.
Flush your DNS servers
To access a webpage or server, the browser or application needs to know the correct IP address for that particular site. The IP address is provided by a DNS server, which translates the website name (e.g., www.google.com) into a number that is easier for your computer to understand (e.g., 18.104.22.168).
Thus, if there is an issue with the DNS server, you may not be able to access EA’s services and play your game. To resolve this, flush the DNS cache on your device and try connecting to EA again.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type the following commands and hit Enter after each one.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
Change your Local DNS to Google DNS
If flushing your DNS wasn’t enough to resolve the issue, try changing your local DNS to Google’s public DNS. Google’s DNS servers are among the most popular worldwide, so using them increases your chances of resolving EA’s “ea.com/unable-to-connect” issue.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click View network status and tasks.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Right-click your active internet connection and go to Properties.
- Double-click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the following values:
Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Click OK to save the changes and try accessing EA’s services once again.
Uncheck Automatic Proxy settings
Automatic proxy settings may sometimes interfere with your internet connection and cause the “ea.com/unable-to-connect” error. Therefore, you might need to uncheck Automatic Proxy Settings.
- Click the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” and press Enter to launch Internet Properties.
- Go to the Connections tab and click the LAN settings button.
- Uncheck the Automatically detect settings and click OK to save changes.
Disable Firewall or any other third-party antivirus software
Sometimes, your Firewall or any third-party antivirus software may block specific internet traffic, which results in connection failure and EA’s “ea.com/unable-to-connect” error. To resolve this issue, you can try disabling the Firewall or any other antivirus on your computer and check if that helps.
Note: It is just a temporary solution to check if the Firewall is the main cause of the issue. After testing, you can enable your firewall again.
- Open the Settings app and search for “firewall.” Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- In the left-hand pane, select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Under the Private network settings and Publick network settings options, select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall. Click OK and try accessing EA’s services once again.
Change your Network Profile
Network Profile is a feature of your Windows operating system that helps control how your computer connects to the internet. If it is set to Public, your Firewall will block any connection that is not manually allowed, which can cause certain blocks to EA’s services. Thus, setting your Wireless Network Connection or Ethernet connection to Private is a better solution.
- Right-click your connected network icon on the taskbar and select Network and Internet settings.
- Press your active network connection. If it is Ethernet just click Ethernet.
If it is Wi-Fi, click Wi-Fi and choose your Wi-Fi network.
- Under the Network profile type, select Private.
Some countries or networks may block access to an entire website, including EA’s services. Thus, to bypass such restrictions and gain unrestricted access, you can try using a VPN service.
Several free and paid VPN services are available, such as ExpressVPN, CyberGhost VPN, NordVPN, and PureVPN, to name a few. Try one and see if it helps resolve the “ea.com/unable-to-connect” error.
Check your disk space
When the game opens, it downloads some temporary files to your drive. The purpose of these temporary files is to help improve the game’s loading times and other performance issues.
However, if you don’t have enough space in your drive for these temporary files, you will encounter an error saying “ea.com/unable-to-connect.” To fix this, delete some of your files to free some space in your drive.
Back in 1966 when I was born, technology as we know it today was drastically different. In my lifetime, I witnessed the word of computing change from the giant ENIAC machine, to the supercomputers of today.
Since a young age, I have been obsessed with technology, and it was only natural that I continued my career path to study computer science. I graduated from NYU Computer Science in 1990.
I went on to work for IBM as a software engineer where our team pioneered a what would later become IBM Cloud. From 2001, I worked as an IT recruiter for one of the top tech firms.